The Empty Sky Mysterious aircraft disappearances, 1927 - 2014
Steve MacGregor, "The Empty Sky: Mysterious aircraft disappearances, 1927 - 2014"
English | 2019 | ISBN: 1707796378 | ASIN: B081D28JNZ | EPUB | pages: 399 | 4.4 mb
How can six US Navy aircraft and their crews vanish in the space of a few hours? What could cause a modern airliner to disappear completely? How can a light aircraft go missing without a trace but its pilot be found dead with no trace of injury months later on a lonely Scottish hillside?.
These are the stories of six of most baffling unsolved aviation mysteries. Each is covered in rich detail including an analysis of all the available evidence, an examination of the theories about what happened and the most likely cause. From the disappearance of two of the first pilots to attempt to fly from Paris to New York in 1927 to the vanishing of Malaysian Airlines Flight MH370 in 2014 this book covers ninety years of the empty sky:.
- 1927: The White Bird vanishes
- 1937: What happened to Lady Lindy?
- 1945: The strange case of Flight 19
- 1975: A pilot vanishes in his light aircraft, then reappears months later, dead...
- 1978: A young pilot goes missing after reporting an encounter with a UFO
- 2014: An airliner vanishes in mysterious circumstances
Each case is a mystery but in each it is possible to use the evidence to deduce what must have happened. If you love mysteries, this book is for you.