Project Management Domains Stakeholders
Project Management Domains: Stakeholders: Stakeholder Performance Domain: Creating a productive working relationship with stakeholders by Mike Clayton
English | February 21, 2022 | ISBN: N/A | ASIN: B09T3KQM3W | 143 pages | EPUB | 1.45 Mb
This is the first book in our Project Management Domains series. It is a series of eight books, and each is linked to one of the eight Project Performance Domains in the 7th edition of PMI's Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge.
When the 7th edition of the PMI's Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (the PMBOK Guide) introduced the eight Project Performance Domains, I was delighted to see the Stakeholder Performance Domain came first. For me, Stakeholders need to be at the heart of everything we do as Project Managers.
We do our projects for stakeholders, and we do them in collaboration with stakeholders. As soon as we lose sight of either of those injunctions, we are setting ourselves up to fail. Indeed, I have often said at conferences and seminars that:
'Stakeholder engagement is how sophisticated Project Managers lead their projects.'
So, this is the first of my series of 8 Kindle-exclusive eBooks, based on these 8 project performance domains. However, as well as discussing the guidance in PMBOK 7, each one provides a wealth of information to teach you more about the relevant domain. Together, they build into a valuable library of Project Management knowledge.
In it you will find:
* My introduction to the PMBOK Guide's Project Performance Domains: what they are and why I think they matter.
* An overview of the Stakeholder Performance Domain. This includes a summary of what the PMBOK Guide includes, and my critical evaluation of it.
* A careful selection from my website articles about Stakeholder Engagement.
It collates a whole set of content that forms a coherent whole. I believe it will be especially useful for students who are studying the 7th Edition of the PMBOK Guide. Most likely, you'd be doing so as part of your preparation for a PMI certification exam, like PMP (Project Management Professional) or CAPM (Certified Associate in Project Management).
But this book is not solely (nor even largely) focused on exam preparation. The way I talk about Stakeholder Engagement is not necessarily aligned with the PMI's own approach. Although, I am confident it aligns with good practice in any type of project and in any part of the world. However, you will always need to filter ideas and advice through you constraints and characteristics of your own situation and culture.
I hope this short., low-cost eBook will be a great asset to anyone who needs to understand Stakeholder Engagement. It takes you way beyond the content of simple Project Management texts, like the PMBOK Guide, or basic Project Management courses.
1. Introduction: The Stakeholder Performance Domain
2. Project Performance Domains: What Are They and Why Do They Matter?
3. Stakeholder Performance Domain: Simplicity and Power You Need to Know
4. A Guide to Project Stakeholder Engagement
5. Stakeholder Leadership: Leading Bystanders as well as Followers
6. Stakeholder Analysis: 20 Essential Techniques
7. How to Plan Your Stakeholder Engagement Campaign
8. Stakeholder Engagement Strategies: All Your Options
9. Engaging with Resistance: How to Handle Stakeholder Objections
10. Applying the Principles of Good Customer Service: How to Keep Your Stakeholders Happy